Chamber Info Leadership NTC
Explore Dinuba Directory Listings News Events
Starting a Business

You must file a fictitious name statement:

You will need to have a physical address for your business before you do this. Fee $45.00

County Civic Center
221 South Mooney Boulevard
Visalia, California 93291
Clerk: Courthouse, Room 105

Tel: (559) 636-5051
FAX: (559) 740-4329

No Counter Service after 3:30 PM
Office Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM Monday - Friday (Closed on Holidays)

You must obtain a seller's permit from the State Board of Equalization if you:

1.Are engaged in business in California
2.Intend to sell or lease tangible personal property that would ordinarily be subject to sales tax if sold at retail (this includes wholesalers, manufactures and retailers.)
3.Will make sales for a temporary period, normally lasting no longer than 30 days at one or more locations (for example, fireworks booth, Christmas tree lots, garage sale)

State Board of Equalization
Fresno    8050 N Palm Ave, Ste 205
Fresno, CA 93711-5510

Tel: (559) 440-5330
FAX: (559) 440-5503

You must obtain a business license from the City of Dinuba:

Be sure that the property you are renting is zoned for the type of business you want to conduct.

City of Dinuba
Development Services

1088 E. Kamm Ave
Dinuba, CA. 93618 

Tel: (559) 591-5906
Fax: (559)595-1922

Hours : 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., Monday through Friday

You must get City water, sewer and disposal services turned on in your name:

There will be a $50.00 deposit to turn on utilities and inspection fees of $71.00 for a building inspection that must be done before the water can be turned on and $57.00 for a fire inspection that will be done after the building is occupied.

City of Dinuba
Administrative Services
405 E. El Monte Way
Dinuba, CA. 93618

Tel: (559) 591-5900
Fax: (559)591-5902

Hours : 8 A.M. to 5:30 P.M., Monday through Thursday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Fridays

Deposits may be required:

PG & E Co.
152 North K Street
Dinuba, CA 93618

Tel: 1-800-743-5000

The Gas Co.

239 E. Tulare Street
Dinuba, CA 93618

Tel: 1-800-427-2000

You must contact the County of Tulare Environmental Health Services Dept. if you are starting a food vendor business for compliance and code requirements:

County of Tulare
Health & Human Services Agency

5957 So. Mooney Blvd.
Visalia, California 93277

Tel: (559) 737-4660
Fax: (559) 737-4692

Information & Referral Line: 1-800-834-7121
Office Hours:   Monday - Thursday: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM    Friday: 8:00 AM - 12 Noon

Copyright © 2019 Dinuba Chamber of Commerce
Call the Chamber at (559)591-2707 Email the Chamber