The 2016-2017 LNTC Class
Gabriel Espinosa - Dinuba Lumber - Receiving
Renee Gonzalez - Cutler Orosi Unified School Dist. High School English Teacher
Stephanie Hurtado - Dinuba Community Services Recreation Supervisor
Monse Meza - Community Volunteer
Jackson Moore - Dinuba Sentinel Reporter
The class had their welcome reception September 22nd at Martha's Restaurant in Orosi. The class brought family and friends to meet their fellow classmates and the steering committee.
Saint Anthony's Retreat in Three Rivers was the site for the annual retreat and kick off for the Leadership program. There students discover what type of personality, strengths and weaknesses, they each bring to the table. Plans for the year along with team building exercises are part of the curriculum and exercises to help create synergy for the future year and build a team.
Our wishes for a terrific year and congratulations to our new Facilitator Kristina Chamberlin.
We are already impressed and excited over the program Kristina is putting together.
Pictures should be coming soon.
Interested in the LNTC Program?
Interested in finding out more about Leadership Northern Tulare County, call the Dinuba Chamber to get connected and learn about the LNTC experience. Application for 2015 are available for download above.
Leadership Northern Tulare County is a program of the Dinuba Chamber of Commerce. Participation in the program will develop leadership skills in many areas such as:
- Understanding leadership styles
- Negotiating and managing conflict
- Learning the process, programs and challenges existing within our community.
- Participating in community and learning about Northern Tulare County organizations and how they work
- Experiencing opportunites to confer with other emerging leaders as well as those in Dinuba and Culter-Orosi
- Giving public presentations
The Curriculum topics may incude analyses of issues in:
- State and Local government
- Health careService organizations
- Economic development
- Work on a a class project - Plan & implement Cinco de Mayo Festival and Parade First Friday and Saturday in May
- Interpersonal skills - problem solving, meeting facilitation, and public presentations
The program runs for 10 months from September through June, dates of classes below:
- Attend the orientation session/welcoming reception on September
- Attend the two-day team building retreat to be held on October 1
- Attend the two-day Sacramento trip on March
- Attend each of the day-long seminars (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) on the following dates (the third Thursday except for the October retreat, and March Sacramento trip)
- Monthly day session September through June on the third Thursday of the month except for October retreat and March Sacramento trip
- June (Graduation)
- Attend each monthly evening session. Dates and times to be selected by the class.
- Attend the graduation ceremony in June
Who Will Benefit?
- Participants will gain a broad knowledge of the community and formal management training that will enhance personal effectiveness in the community and at work.
- Businesses who by sponsoring a participant, will benefit fromthe employee's increased knowledge, improved communication skills, stronger problem-solving abilities and access to decision-makers and community resources.
- Non-Profit organizations will have access to trained effective leaders with a positive attitude toward volunteering.
- Community at large will benfit by the development of large pool of trained, knowledgeable, potential leaders in Northern Tulare County.
Who Should Apply?
If you have...
- Commitment to self-development
- Desire for community involvement
- Willingness and ability to discuss and propose solutions
- Potential as a leader, as displayed through such things as work experience, organizational involvement, demonstrated interpersonal skills or other activitiesAbility to work effectively with people
- Do you know of someone who should apply?
- Individual, businesses, and community groups are also encouraged to nominate prospective participants
For applications or for more information contact:
The Dinuba Chamber of Commerce
210 North L Street, Dinuba CA
or email firstname.lastname@example.org